PoolMoss® for fountains brings the power of Sphagnum moss to the residential fountains. In addition to providing a new level of enjoyment for home users, it also reduces the time, cost, and effort associated with maintenance and service issues. Sized according to a fountain’s water volume, the amount of PoolMoss® is easily determined and applied. The system starts with the easily installed CC-F or CC-STxS contact chamber, and PoolMoss®, which is easily changed on a monthly basis.
- Open black contact chamber.
- Insert PoolMoss® for fountains Starter dose into contact chamber (Option – insert a few rocks into dispenser to weigh down to bottom)
- Snap contact chamber closed
- Insert contact chamber into fountain in an area with substantial water flow – ideally underneath a waterfall
- Change moss every 30 days. After first month, use PoolMoss® for fountains Maintenance dose.
- When changing PoolMoss® for fountains: remove old moss from contact chamber and replace with new moss. Insert contact chamber back into fountain.
- If winterizing your fountain, simply remove the contact chamber, dispose or compost moss contents, and clean and store contact chamber.
- If treating the fountain with algaecide or shock or chlorine levels above 5 ppm, remove contact chamber from water before treatment and re-install after algaecide dissipates or sanitizer levels return to below 5 ppm.
- Do not change water in the fountain unless water quality requires. PoolMoss® conditions water over time, and if the water is changed, you are removing much of what has been put into the water.
- When water is changed, change the PoolMoss® as well for best results.
Storage and Handling
- Keep PoolMoss® dry until use
- PoolMoss® for fountains Starter and Maintenance doses are good for fountains up to 10,000 gallons
- To treat fountains 10,000 gallons +, see our Fountain Products