In an effort to standardize cooling tower parameters while on ProMoss™, I asked two of our dealers; Steve Chewning from South Eastern Labs in North Carolina and Mike Bromley from WaterWise of America in Rochester, NY, to help put together guidelines and control parameters for our most often treated industrial water application – cooling towers.
Like all attempts to create uniformity in treatment, it is important to use the guidelines as a map to success and not as divinely inspired laws that must be strictly applied. I welcome further input from our dealers to add to or modify this document so we can keep it informative and timely. Click here to read the full guideline.
- Langelier Saturation Index Range: 5 to 2.3
- Ryznar Stability Index 5 to 6.0
- Calcite Saturation Level < 120
- Maximum Heat Exchange Surface Temperature 190 oF
- Maximum Cycles of Concentration Based on LSI, RSI
- Silica < 180 ppm
Recommended Control Limits:
- Total ATP, RLU’s < 300
- Total Bacteria Counts, CFU’s/ml 102 to 103
- Turbidity, NTU’s < 5